Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gwyneth's Full Brew: Bathed in Gold: Madison Square Park Goes Autumnal

My autumn tavel and work place as you know is New York City.
I am returning there Dec. 6 to hang my work SUKKAH, WEAVING SHELTER for the International Conference and Workshops on Human Dignity

While there I look forward to my long walks through neighborhoods just seeking "needles in the haystack", the serendipitious treasure.

I will definitely go to the Flatiron Building for "Gwyneth's Full Brew: Bathed in Gold: Madison Square Park Goes Autumnal "

Gwyneth draws city scenes and patterns on her coffee cups that are hanging afloat in front of this famous window. Like leaves and butterflies a flutter, the lines and leanings direct our attention away from the moment into a netherland of movement and fragility. The cup form carries a memory for all of us, adding a drawing makes it a cup from a moment in time. Thank you Gwyneth.

1 comment:

  1. Claire, Thank you for these poetic words! And it so true about the cup memories. Much to love about these simple and elegantly engineered paper vessels.

    ReplyDelete