Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hawks hunting, Empty University City home a fine housing for selected works in "TRANSITIONAL", SCULPTURES & INSTALLATIONS


Where is a preschool for felines? Hawks a many hunt in University City now, they threaten my lovely  adorable feline babe. Without outside life I am her everything. My shoulders are her trees, my papers and food dishes her prey, my face her responsibility to groom. My clothes blue silver fur, I am feline. 

 ``?  ~~ (^^)-


The silver blue of Clarke Kent's  fur appears regularly in my work, as gray, as field tone, with or  blended  into the many greens, Greens   Greens  seen in nature.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


A GREAT WEEKEND OF WORK AND PLAY in St. Louis:

Enjoyed   SIXTY-SIX TWELVE ART SPACE :
 DOMESTIC SPACE SCULPTURES & INSTALLATIONS 
selected works by 5 artists curated by Elissa Yukiko Weichbrodt
Sat Feb 18 2012

Concept, concept, concept was evident to me in the five works related to domestic living each installed in a room, a hall and basement of this small home. No boundaries, white gallery or aspiring architecture to distract from works, intimacy ruled. The home's history and neighborhood in University City as 'likely constructed' from post 1907 World's Fair materials' encapsulated while expanding the experience of the work and broke  21C mass made life. 

Immediately entering SIXTY-SIX TWELVE ART SPACE one saw a heavily shrink wrapped amorphous 5'x3.5'x2.5'  package with unidentifiable objects within. Lit by the ubiquitous household shop lamps instead of gallery spots, the work took on absence and loss for me. Contrasting textures of slick shrink wrap, soft and transparent masking the contents evocatively begged my mischievous mind to wonder. Dead bodys?  Drawings? No. Close inspection revealed household items packed between  matching vintage chairs. I felt reassured of continuity. 


 I am looking forward to my bi monthly tour of downtown St. Louis tomorrow that includes 
 City Museum, City Garden,  Des Lee Gallery and Phillip Slein Gallery. I will be taking down   SUKKAH, WEAVING SHELTER my work from  ART ST. LOUIS GALLERY after the month of SUKKAH ANNEX and MEMORY show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment